Sunday, January 18, 2009

Spectacular!!

The weather the last few days has been nothing short of spectacular! Sunny with warm temps, a far cry from the winter scene that blanketed us around Christmas.

Today = 63F/17C and glorious sunshine. The sun is glinting off the water in an ever changing sparkling pattern, like a white halogen light shining on a field of loose diamonds spread out on a sheet of turquoise blue velvet.

I washed some windows, picked up after the dog and am getting ready to cut some grass. Yes, cut grass, in JANUARY!!! NEVER in my 48 years have I cut grass in January!! But there are sections, where the dog goes, that I suppose have been growing all year, and now she doesn't want long shaggy grass tickling her butt. LOL! After that I may wash my car. The forecast for the next few days is more of the same. Oh, and I had to change into shorts and a t-shirt because I was too warm washing the windows!

I'm sure we are not done with winter and am expecting more cold and rain at some point. In the meantime I am sure going to enjoy this Spring-like respite we have received. It is days like this that make the occasional power outage tolerable. If you are thinking of moving to Canada you certainly have to check out southern Vancouver Island. You can't go wrong with this location!

No comments: