Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Much better...





Well, the weather has taken a turn for the better, that's for sure. Today was around 50 degrees and sunny with a gorgeous colorful sunset. Or should I say - sunny when I got home. It was complete cloud coverage at work, in Metchosin, but sunny blue skies 25 minutes away in Sooke. Wonderful! I did some organizing in the greenhouse, added to and stirred the compost pile and did a little work in the gardens. I did see some Spring bulbs popping up, which for me is unheard of in January! At least in WI, where we moved from. Living on Vancouver Island is proving to be a very nice choice for us. People are so friendly, there was very little culture shock for us, having come from the US, and we still have the lowest unemployment rate in Canada!

Years ago I never could have imagined that my life would turn out this well. You just never know what is around the corner, eh?

1 comment:

MSEH said...

Ha! Right now it's -7F here, wind chill of -17F. The high today is projected to be 0 with a wind chill of a whopping -38F. Saturday's high is projected to be -8F. I don't think we'll be going to ski class...

Enjoy the balmy climate on the island! :-)