Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Something to discuss over coffee.
Coffee is one of my favorite drinks, especially to warm me up on a chilly day, and I found these coffee facts that I'd like to share.
* 23,000 cups of Coffee are consumed around the world every SECOND! That is more than 710 BILLION cups per year!
* Total retail sales of Coffee: $30 Billion in 1990 vs. $80 Billion today!
* 42 Coffee beans are needed to make a single shot of Espresso!
* Coffee is the second most traded commodity in the global market, after Oil!
* Drink 6 or more cups of Coffee per day and you cut your risk of Gout by 59%, according to Canadian scientists!
* A 10 year European study found that men who drink 3 or more cups of Coffee a day suffer less mental decline in old age than nondrinkers!
* Finnish scientists found that locals who drink 10 or more cups of Coffee a day were 84% less likely to develop Parkinson's disease than nondrinkers!
The World Barista Championship will take place in Copenhagen, Denmark from June 19-22 this year.