Thursday, June 26, 2008

Oh well...




Well, I tried. The above picture is of our first harvest of tomatoes from the greenhouse today! Trouble is, they are the size of cherry tomatoes - not exactly what I had in mind. The plate in the picture is NOT a dinner plate, it is a salad/bread plate, so that'll give you a better idea of the scale pictured. (excuse me while I recover from laughing hysterically)

Ok, all better now. I don't really see a problem of us 'keeping up' with these 'maters once they start ripening en masse. I'm not too sure how much sauce I'll be able to store up from these little guys, but maybe the other variety we have planted up will yield some larger specimens. They are still green but already twice the size of these so hope springs eternal.

Don't forget to click the link on the left to save the animals, and as always...
Thanks for tuning in...

1 comment:

Canada Calling said...

Our tomatoes look like a grape cluster right now, so I feel ya! However. last year, we did have so many that we had to give them away and put up sauce. But that was in September ;)