Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My theory.


Ok, by now I'm sure you have all heard of the mysterious shoes, WITH FEET INSIDE, that are washing up on various shores around British Columbia - five in the last year. Well, aside from the fact that eight others have washed up around the world over the last couple years, this is getting a LOT of press so I thought I'd throw in my two cents worth.

My suspicion is that these belonged to unfortunate people that somehow met their demise at sea. They could have fallen overboard, met with some unscrupulous types who hastened their departure or just had an accident while on shore or a pier. Is it not plausible that their remains were then eaten, or perhaps decomposed naturally, and when the time came for the foot to detatch from the leg that perhaps the air built into the sole of the shoe caused it to float to the surface and drift around until it was found washed up on a beach somewhere? Makes complete sense to me. The oceans are vast and with a few billion people on this planet it would stand to reason that many meet their unltimate fate at the hands of the sea. And these types of shoes are so universal that they could have come from anywhere.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Thanks for tuning in...

3 comments:

West End Bob said...

Not a bad theory, Doug.

All I know is that neither David nor I have been wearing our Manolos, Ferragamos or Jimmy Choo sling-backs around town lately.

Don't want to draw undue attention to the feet, you know . . . .

cara said...

A CBC report today says a 6th foot has been found, this time near Campbell River. One of the people who found it says there was a straight across cut on the ankle. I prefer your theory but this latest report has me thinking darker thoughts.

Canada Calling said...

Another foot found and theories abound! I think the wild salmon are fighting back by trying to start farming humans in British Columbia's Broughton Archipelago. They sneak up on shore at night and try to plant severed feet in the soil to get the humans to grow on land and stay out of the water.
That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!