Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Just for fun?

I found this on Oreneta Aground and thought "What the heck, why not?" so here it is. Let's see who has some time on their hands to read this. HAHA!

Things I’ve already done: bold
Things I want to do: italicize
Things I haven’t done and don’t want to - leave in plain font


1. Started your own blog. Yes.
2. Slept under the stars. Slept in tents and on boats, but never out in the wide open with dew on my face in the morning.
3. Played in a band. Never.
4. Visited Hawaii. Yes, a one week cruise around the Islands and it was fabulous. The most memorable moment was walking through the air terminal in Honolulu, after arriving, and all of a sudden this breeze of the most wonderfully scented fresh air swept in through the open walls of the concourse! It was incredible!!
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to Disneyland/world. Yes to World, no to Land. I was at Disneyworld when they were breaking ground for Epcot. HA!
8. Climbed a mountain. I would certainly like to and, living in British Columbia now, find there are many more opportunities to do so than there were in Wisconsin.
9. Held a praying mantis. No, I don't do bugs.
10. Sang a solo. Not while there is breath in my lungs will I EVER sing a solo!!
11. Bungee jumped. No.
12. Visited Paris. Yep, and want to go again, some day.
13. Watched a lightening storm at sea. I love thunderstorms and I think this would be cool. Unless you get hit, then not so cool.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. Macrame, many years ago. Gee, should I admit that???
15. Adopted a child. Are you CRAZY!!???
16. Had food poisoning. Not that I am aware of. Maybe a mild case.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. No, but I sailed past it.
18. Grown your own vegetables. Yes, tomatoes this past year and who knows what for 2009 when the greenhouse is up and running!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. Yes, on my one and only (s0 far) visit. It was a MOB scene!!
20. Slept on an overnight train. That would be SO much fun, traveling by rail.
21. Had a pillow fight. Yeah yeah yeah.
22. Hitch hiked. No way.
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. Um MANY times years ago.
24. Built a snow fort. Of course.
25. Held a lamb. Nope, but they are all over the place in the area where I work so who knows.
26. Gone skinny dipping. That might be fun but the water around Vancouver Island is a bit chilly.
27. Run a marathon. No desire to do that.
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice. Some day.
29. Seen a total eclipse. yes.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. Almost daily sunsets from home.
31. Hit a home run. Nope, never was any good at sports. Go figure.
32. Been on a cruise. Three so far:Hawaii, QE2 from Southampton to NYC and the Carribean.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person. Yup, and liked the Canadian side MUCH better.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. That would mean going to Russia.
35. Seen an Amish community. Yes, in Wisconsin. They made wonderful oak furniture!
36. Taught yourself a new language. Getting close to taking French!
37.Had enough money to be truly satisfied. Yes, I think so. I have simple tastes.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person. Some day I will get to Italy.
39. Gone rock climbing. No desire to do that. I'd probably fall.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person. On that future trip to Italy.
41. Sung Karaoke. No. I know better than to do this.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. Nope, maybe some day.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant. Nope, but that might be kinda neat to do.
44. Visited Africa. Maybe some day.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance. Once, in High School, when I ran into a car and snapped my leg in half. My foot was facing the wrong way. OY!
47. Had your portrait painted. WHY would I want to do that. It's not like I'm Brad Pitt or something.
48. Gone deep sea fishing. Not a big fisherman.
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Yes,almost. I did not go to the very top level, just the one below. I was afraid I would miss my bus because we were on a time deadline. Arrgh.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling. Snorkeled in Tahiti and loved it. Except for being chased by a giant jellyfish!
52. Kissed in the rain. Hmmm, sounds fun.
53. Played in the mud. As a kid.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. Loads of times in the 1960's when I was a kid. I could never stay awake for the whole movie.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Russia. Maybe some day.
60. Served at a soup kitchen. Nope.
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. Nope, just bought and ate them.
62. Gone whale watching. YES! Twice this year and it was incredible!!!
63. Gotten flowers for no reason. I wish!
65. Gone sky diving. Nope. And I plan to keep it that way!
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp. No, might one day.
67. Bounced a check. MANY years ago, in my reckless youth.
68. Flown in a helicopter. Waiting for that one.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. Yes of course.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial. Nope.
71. Eaten Caviar. Yes, on vacation once. It was OK but not something I'd rush out to purchase. I'd rather have escargot.
72. Pieced a quilt. Nope, that's a girl thing.
73. Stood in Times Square. Nope.
74. Toured the Everglades. On a guided tour. We did see some 'gators and I found out later that I got WAY too close to one while we were waiting for our tour to start. Ooops.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London. Yes, during the summer of record heat. It WAS HOT!!
77. Broken a bone. Yes, Tibia and Fibula snapped in half when I was 14. PAINFUL! Pinky finger on right hand a couple of years ago.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle. Never ever want to.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. Yes, at sunset and it was fabulous!!
80. Published a book. Nope.
81. Visited The Vatican. No desire to go there.
82. Bought a brand new car. Three, if I remember correctly.
83. Walked in Jerusalem. Nope and not sure I want to go there.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper. Not that I am aware of.
85. Read the entire Bible. No.
86. Visited the White House. No and not sure if I'll ever do that.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. NO WAY! I am a city boy.
88. Had chickenpox. I think so.
89. Saved someone’s life. Not that I know of but that would be cool to do.
90. Sat on a jury. Got called for jury duty years ago but never on a case. Whew!
91. Met someone famous. Just saw Phil Donohue at O'Hare.
92. Joined a book club. Yes but had to stop after a few years.
93. Lost a loved one. MANY!!!
94. Had a child. Not physically possible for me.
95. Seen the Alamo in person. No desire to go to TX, sorry.
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake. No. The Dead Sea? Yes.
97. Been involved in a law suit. Thankfully, no.
98. Owned a cell phone. Ummm, yeah.
99. Been stung by a bee. Never.

No comments: