Friday, July 4, 2008

Bewtiched, bothered and bewildered...

Today, July 4th, I find myself in a contemplative mood. Even though I was born and raised in the US I am no longer finding this a day to celebrate America. The America I knew has since been bastardized. Perhaps there no longer is a medium for the voices of the people to speak out. I certainly don't see it in the US media. Bloggers and websites protest but the word on the street is that they are monitored. Is this just paranoid me talking here, thinking we have taken a turn toward '1984', something that most people would never imagine? Perhaps, but I have sought refuge in a much happier place, away from all the doom and gloom that is the US these days. And don't even get me started on what I think about the upcoming election season. I will keep those thoughts to myself, and perhaps one or two others, and just see how things play out. I really don't want to say "I told you so." but fear that may be the outcome.

One small thing I ask is that you look at things outside the box - search the internet and take a look at how others view the US, expand your horizons, flex that brain of yours, go beyond the local media. Try BBC, or heaven forbid, get the viewpoints from the Middle East or Asia! Everyone on the planet should just be able to live their lives, provide for their family, enjoy what time they have on Earth, but it is getting more difficult to do that with an elite group of people thinking they can 'convert' everyone to what THEY think is the perfect life. Guess what, it isn't perfect for everyone, is it? Why can't we all just get along and live in peace? Ponder that.

Don't forget to click the link on the left to Help the Animals...

And thanks for tuning in to my miscellaneous rambling...

No comments: