Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Reflection of the day.

So, I had a fairly good day today. Dixon is in Kelowna for three days so I am bonding with the animals. I found a job online that I applied for, fingers crossed.

At 9pm I was sitting in the living room, cat asleep on my lap and the dog sprawled out on the floor, the smooth jazz station gently wafting from the tele as I played solitaire on my i-Pod. Suddenly a song came on that grabbed me by the ears and wouldn't let go - Angel Eyes by KD Lang. Gorgeous voice, superb orchestration, sultry saxophone and elegant strings. When it was over I sprung to the computer and summoned i-Tunes for a search. There she was with that song, part of a tribute album to Ella Fitzgerald. Sixteen songs and a bonus booklet for only $9.99. Beside Ms. Lang there is Chaka Kahn, Diana Krall, Gladys Knight, Etta James, Linda Rondstatd, Michael Buble, Natalie Cole and Queen Latifah! Most are favorites of mine (I swear there is a black woman in me somewhere!!). I simply could not pass up this selection and am now listening to these wonderful voices. Ain't life grand!

1 comment:

West End Bob said...

So we're assuming you are still enjoying the tribute album.

Good for you!