Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I couldn't make this up.

Well, maybe I could make this up, but I didn't. It gave me quite a chuckle so I thought I'd share with my readers. Enjoy!

Woman Shoots Herself While Trying to Kill Mice

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

POTTER VALLEY, Calif. — A Mendocino County woman who was trying to kill mice in her trailer with a gun ended up shooting herself and another person.

The 43-year-old woman pulled out her .44-caliber Magnum revolver after she saw the mice scurrying across the floor of her trailer on Highway 20 in Potter Valley, sheriff's officials said.

But she accidentally dropped the gun, which went off as it struck the floor. The bullet went through the woman's kneecap, bounced off the keys sitting on the belt loop of a 42-year-old man in the trailer and grazed the man's groin before ending up in his coin pocket.

Authorities did not release the shooting victims' names.

The mice escaped the shooting unharmed.

1 comment:

cls said...

She obviously hasn't figured out the appropriate technology. The noble flyswatter. When we were in India a couple of years ago we had a mouse in our hotel room. The authorities were mortified by this and sent a team of 6 people to pack our 2 suitcases and move us to another room! But just before we left in walked in walked a rather confused looking hotel employee armed with ... a flyswatter.
Cara